Interview Warning Signs
You know there is a problem if . . .
• A Pekingese carrying a chew toy greets you in the reception area then pees on your leg.
• The interviewer picks his teeth with a hunting knife.
• The interview desk has a wee-wee pad instead of a desk pad.
• When you ask, “Where is the bathroom?” the interviewer hands you a box of Depends.
• The interviewer is dressed in a straight jacket; he questions himself, objects to the answers, and then asks security to toss him from the building. The interview ends abruptly.
• Body bags line the back wall.
• Several days after your interview, a Photoshopped version of it with your head on a naked body goes viral on YouTube.
• An Invisible Fence sign hangs on the front door, and the employees wear electric collars.
• A department store mannequin seated at the reception desk offers bad advice.
• The conference room has padded walls and pill dispensers.
• The interviewer is an ex-shrink and questions you about your relationship with your parents instead of previous employers.
Do you have an interesting interview anecdote?