If a blog post falls in my head, does it make a sound?

The silence in my head speaks louder than the brain gremlins feeding on muse droppings and thought decay.

Post-It Note Impression No. 13

Post-It Note Impression No. 13 (Photo credit: Kevin H.)

I’m still working out the details of the rescue with a team of Navy SEALS that moonlight weekends at the circus balancing ballpoint pens on their noses.

It doesn’t instill confidence. I know. But at least they’re making money, while waiting for my signal to board the bridge to nowhere that extends from the real world to the creative universe in my head.

quinn

quinn (Photo credit: fiddle oak)

It’s a busy place with monochrome ghosts and black holes sucking up the air. Where are the Immigration dudes when you need them? – On the beach of Cozumel sipping Mai Tais with secret service hookers and little green men.

Little green men figure

Little green men figure (Photo credit: twistypiper)

Is there poetic justice? No. Writing just is a twist of fate.

Lauren tagged this post with: Read 520 articles by

1. ReformingGeek says:

The bridge to nowhere is surely patrolled by little green men.  The ate the trolls but if you bring a CLAW, they will be frightened and run away, leaving you to manipulate the bridge to actually take you somewhere.    Once you get to the other side, may you find a pile of gold instead of a pile of used post-its.

• Lauren

A lovely fractured fairytale. : )

I’ll check the schedule to make sure that the little green men are where they’re supposed to be. They should be back from Cozumel. I’m glad something ate the trolls. They pummel the bridge with spam.

2. THE SNEE says:

Hi Lauren,

Great imagery! I highly recommend that you sock it to the post-it-notes in limbo. If you’d like, I can contact space command for a rescue mission:)

3. June O'Hara

They telepathically collect rejection slips, while waiting in the dark chamber of neglect in the lobby of paper limbo. Beautiful! Your way with language never ceases to impress me.

4. Candy says:

This blog was a very good read! I couldn’t have explained things better myself.Thanks for the information you post.

5. kelli johnson says:

You’re a regular Hemingway. Hats off to you!

6. Jayne

“All those lovely ideas scribbled on Post-it-Notes and envelopes, screaming to be saved. They telepathically collect rejection slips, while waiting in the dark chamber of neglect in the lobby of paper limbo.”
    Ah, yes.  I know that chamber well.

I beg to differ on that “bridge to nowhere” of which you speak.  Clearly it leads to a well-stocked creative mind that just experiences bottleneck once in a while from so many ideas trying to merge into the lane leading to the keyboard all at once.